One of the first available videos of the Siwa Oasis


The Baroness Ullens de Schooten's Journey to the Siwa Oasis in 1926 or 1927 was probably organized by the Libyan Oases Association in Alexandria, owned and operated by Captain Hillier, formerly of the Frontier District Administration, with a stop at Prince Farouk Hotel, also owned by Hillier. It was a small, two-story hotel located on a spur of Gebel al-Mawta.